Final Critical Reflection

1. Module Learning

"The grammar and sentence structure used may not be correct, which may not seem to be professional when I speak. I hope to overcome my weaknesses after attending this module." 

This was what I wrote in the self-introduction email at the start of the module. I really appreciate how my team (Pei Ling, Jeaine and Natasha) has helped me in improving my English by providing me with feedback via reporting writing or presenting. Whereas for communication skills, I must thank the evaluating team and Brad for providing me with feedback during the in-class presentation. I learned a lot about myself during the presentation and I will keep the feedback in mind to improve myself in the future.

This trimester has passed in a blink of an eye, and I must say CPD II was one of the most enjoyable modules I had this trimester. Thank you, Brad and girls, for making the class so enjoyable and fruitful.

2. Presentation Showcase

I was a spectator during the showcase and I am really proud of The Happy Tree to able to stand out and compete with the cohort. They even won a prize! The team showed professionalism and even put in effort to edit the slides so that it is clearer for the audience. The presentation showcase was an eye-opening experience as I was 'wow' by video and content done by all the teams. All the team established confidence through their verbal and non-verbal cues. The first team, Goldheart caught my attention the most. Despite being the first team, the team established confidence and are able to convey their message on the importance of communication. The video was very well presented as the team insert humor while conveying the important message of the miscommunication between employees and customers. Nonetheless, great job to everyone who participated and helped out in the showcase.

Comments

  1. Thank you very much, Xenia, for this final reflection. I'm happy to read that you feel there has been improvement in the communication areas you identified at the start of the term. I can certainly see development!

    It also warms my heart to know that you enjoyed the module in general. I loved having you and your team front and center: I could always see that you four were fully engaged and supportive of the activities that we were doing, both nonverbally and by way of your verbal input.

    It was a pleasure working with you this term, Xenia. I wish for the best as you continue your learning here at SIT and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Brad! Hope to see you around the campus!

      Regards,
      Xenia

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts